24 May 2010

Patisserie Myšák, Prague

The patisserie Cukrárna Myšák was founed in 1904 and moved into its current premises in Vodičkova street in 1911. In 1922 the neorenaissance building was renovated by the renowned architect and engineer Josef Čapek. The rondocubist facade of the building was most likely designed by the famous architect Josef Gočár.  

During the 1920s the patisserie was home to a number of famous Czechs, including the president Tomáš G. Masaryk and the actor Oldřich Nový.

The patisserie closed in the 1990s, only to re-open in 2008 after a large scale renovation led by the architect Jan Špaček.

Photos courtesy of Cukrárna Myšák.


Post a Comment


Template by BloggerCandy.com